Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Near the top of Trapfall Brook - Ashby

A few steps from the road, some fragments of wall coming off the main wall:
A broader view:
I don't know what to make of this. Note the fallen birch log in the background to the right. Here we look back from there:
And that is the end of it. I was going to climb the hill but, seeing as how things were lively down here, I explored downhill a bit and found a definite "mound" a few feet from the wall structure.
We are at the edge of a faint brook. A bit hard to photo with all the debris.
Some other views:
A mound with a hollow, right enough.
 Seems like additional structure around the edges - some "tails" to go with the "hollow".

I should have stayed in the lowlands. Instead, after seeing these structures, I climbed part way up Jones Hill but, as previously, to no great avail.

No comments :