Thursday, January 26, 2017

An arrid hillside in Willard Brook St. Forest

A few weeks ago I thought I'd explore a pointless, almost brook less, hillside with the idea of going west around the hill, then circling to the south the promise of water and the possibility of more interesting locations.  But I have no idea how far I went in any of those directions and mostly what I saw were things I could not decide if they were man made or natural. The bedrock has horizontal cleavage planes. Here on the north side of the hill, for example
or
There are some magnificent walls on the slope. As I was looking at this the phrase "time to grow up boys!" came to mind. [In retrospect this might be referring to the lack of definition in the earlier objects]
Here, more that is not definite.

I got some exercise.

No comments :