Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Propped Boulders/Standing Stones- Echo Lake

Matt Howes writes:
  Attached are photos I took of Propped Boulders and some Standing Stones/ Horizon Markers around the Echo Lake area of Milford/ Hopkinton, MA.  ... I had gone there the other weekend with Prof. Curt Hoffmann, but this weekend I went back to the area we were looking around in and found some more stone-works.  There were also some cairns Curt and I found, and a few more standing stones/ markers, and even some petro-form-looking things I did not take photos of because the memory banks on my phone were getting full. (I need to get into the habit of using my new camera...)













1 comment :

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Fascinating. Until visiting your blog I had no idea that there were so many ancient stones of human significance in New England. I think you might get a lot out of this website/blog:- http://megalithix.wordpress.com/

Best wishes, Neil (Yorkshire Pudding)