Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Aperture Pile - Little Bear Hill Westford, MA

Sometimes a rock pile has an obvious hole or "aperture" that is built into it. I was asking theseventhgeneration recently if you could see anything through the hole on a pile she posted. So here is one I saw in Westford and, no, you cannot see anything through the hole.Even when I got down low to the ground, I still could not see through it.
Of course with light coming in sideways, some might get through the hole - I forgot to look through it in the other direction.

2 comments :

theseventhgeneration said...

This is interesting because there appears to be a rock on the ground and then a boulder in the distance, somewhat in line with that aperture.

That seems similar to this picture which is taken in the opposite direction (with the aperture in the distance instead of the foreground). The small rock pile behind the see through niche is not visible through the niche (as best as I could tell - maybe that would be different if there weren't so many leaves), but is in line with it and visible from it.

pwax said...

So I am wondering: would sunlight get through and point towards the other feature?