Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Alignments

Looking for something else, I came across a bunch of different drawings (and a photo) in my sketch books, some with dates, some without - including something that resembles the Stupid Sheet just posted. I think I was trying to represent a "Web of Life," using a drawing of the Calendar Stones, and I see I wrote, "Circles, cycles, functions of stonework, everything connected to everything" at the bottom of the page.
The page before has some quotes scribbled on it:
"Man did not weave the web of life, he's a strand of it. It is all connected," attributed to Chief Joseph, as well as a quote from my good friend Wendell Deer With Horns (who watched the vernal equinox sunset over the stones with me) who said, "People forget it's all connected," as we talked about the Mystery of the Stones.
I find I used some compass alignments and some math, mostly to figure out the Summer Solstice Sunset since the leaves on the trees block the view - the actual view in a particular place as observed by Native people being the most important thing.
























No comments :