Monday, September 17, 2007

An open invitation from George Patternson

George extends an open invitation:

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am 51 years old and I live in Southborough and Falmouth Massachusetts with my wife and son. I was educated at Bentley College and Suffolk University . I have spent my professional career in the banking ;most of those years with Wells Fargo Bank. Two years ago, I started my own company, Patterson Management Co. and signed a partnership agreement with the company below. I have been a member of N.E.A.R.A. since 2006.

Although my formal training was with a rifle, I have spent most of my adult life with a bow and arrow, exploring the woods of Central and Western Massachusetts. I have become a student of the land and how its features,contours and structures influence the movement of game. For the past 10 years, I have noted and documented some unusual structures around the edges of Little Crane Swamp.

Last year, I learned of the work of Curtiss R. Hoffman Ph.D., People of the Fresh Water Lake – A Prehistory of Westborough Massachusetts (Peter Lang, 1990). This book is a result of 15 years of research. To date, 73 prehistoric sites have been found within Westborough; 25 of them were tested under his supervision. The book describes Westborough archeological sites in Cedar Swamp , Charlestown Meadow, Lake Chauncey and Lake Hoccomonco and Westborough Country Club. Dr. Hoffman presents archeological evidence of prehistoric peoples over the past 9000 years. Unfortunately, most of these sites were excavated in the central and southern areas of Westborough. There were very few in the northeast area of the town and none where Crane Swamp and Little Crane Swamp are located.

Again, I would be delighted to guide anyone affiliated with N.E.A.R.A. to these sites for your further research. Most of the sites are easily accessed from walking trails and are within 15 minutes of paved roads.

Thank you,
George

Cell: 508.561.4579

gpatterson@mortgagemasterinc.com

No comments :